Friday, August 21, 2009

His first ride with the BCC – The Seven Hills Of Park City

The much awaited 7-Hills of Park City ride is history for 2009.  There were about 18 people who showed up today.  Unfortunately, there was one drop-out: ME.  I guess I’d been sniffing too much paint thinner lately, and after only the 2nd ‘real’ hill (there was an additional hill I wouldn’t let them count :-) I couldn’t breathe! What they call a laryngeal spasm.  I ended up bailing out of the ride, but the gang prodded each other to finish the remaining hills, and the ride was a total success.  It was a lovely day, and I wish I could have been there for the full ride.  But here it is late at night, and I’m still a wheezing mess….that old saying “Because when you can’t breathe, nothing else matters” really made sense to me today!

At any rate, we had a new fellow with us today, his first ride with the BCC.  He has asked me to post the following message about his experiences today:

Riding "The Seven Hills of Park City" was by far the toughest and, oddly enough, the most enjoyable cycling experience I've ever had.  My sincere thanks to everyone that was there today (Cheryl, Marcy, Ron, Suzanne, Gary, Andrew, Lila, Jen,...well, I tried to remember everyone's  name) for making my first ride with the BCC such a great experience.  I look forward to meeting more of you and going on many more rides (including the seven hills...)


Sincerely,
Mark and/or Valita Pendleton

No comments: